My Inspiration




Image Credit: Pinterest

I have always dreamed of moving into my first apartment and owning my first home. I would spend hours creating countless Pinterest boards for how I could decorate them. There were a variety of color schemes, decorations, furniture, and layout ideas for the different rooms. In my first year of college, I moved into my first apartment and made some of my visions come true. In my second year, I went even further and made my apartment feel like home.  

What I wasn’t prepared for were the responsibilities that came with living away from home. Sharing my space with roommates, grocery shopping, and keeping a clean-living space was initially challenging. There was an adjustment period of learning how to communicate efficiently, budget for groceries, live with others, and find my way around the city I would call home.  

It is so important that your home is a space that you can enjoy whether that is the people you live with or how it is decorated. Turning barren rooms into spaces you are proud to call your own is something to aim for. If you are like me and love interior design and home décor or are a college student who needs help navigating apartment life, this blog is for you. I will guide you through college apartment essentials, shopping on a budget, best living practices, and how to be a great roommate. I hope this blog can be your one-stop shop for everything you need in apartment life. Feel free to comment on your own apartment experiences or the visions you have brought to life! 

Comments

  1. I am very excited to read your posts. I love interior design and have so many ideas, but it's hard shopping on a budget. I also live with other people, so you have to make sure everyone is going to be okay with whatever you buy for shared spaces. Do you also have any renter-friendly tips if you want to be a little more drastic with your decorations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who's lived with roommates before, it's definitely true that sharing a home can be tough. It takes cooperation and understanding from everyone to make the situation work. In terms of interior design, I'm a bit ashamed to admit that my apartment remained quite barren for a long time. If you have any advice for interior design beginners, I'm all ears. As such, I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Design Time